Monday, June 7, 2010

"Show Me The Money", they did and more!

I am absolutely flabbergasted, not only did BP pay me for my claim for the month of May they actually paid me extra towards future claims. My claim was for $10,647.00 for loss of rents from April 21 to May 31, but I ended up walking out of the office with a check for $13,000.00. I want to think the extra money was because of my rugged good looks, but for all of you that know me you know that couldn't be the case. What BP did was round up on each of my claims. They had me file a separate claim for each one of the five houses that my wife Debbie and I own, and a separate claim for the 15 houses that we manage for other people. Where the claim loss that I submitted was in the high teens, BP rounded up and paid me $2,500.00. They said I will obviously have additional claims for the coming months so this amount will be towards those future claims.

I know we have all vilified BP, and certainly they deserve a lot of blame, but from my standpoint they have been very forthright. I provided BP with my claims documentation on Tuesday, June 1st and received my check today, Monday, June 7th. I also asked the representative how long will BP do this, and without hesitation he said for as long as necessary. "We are in this for the long run." So if there is any good news out of all of this mess, financially we'll do fine this year. And one other important point, I was not required to sign any document to receive my check that would limit my rights in any way.  We were all concerned about that issue. So there you have it, straight from first hand experience.

God bless the Gulf Coast!


************************************************************************************

Rick Scali Rick Scali is the Owner of Easy Street Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals in Destin Florida. Whether you are a family looking for a squeaky clean Destin Rental Home with a Private Pool or a couple looking for a romantic getaway in a Destin Beachhouse, Easy Street Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals will exceed your expectations. Easy Street Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals has the largest selection of quality pet friendly homes in Destin, Florida and throughout the Emerald Coast. Call us toll-free today at 877.432.7978 or email us at info@easystreet-rentals.com - we would love to welcome you, your family AND Fido to join us at the beach.

2 comments:

Sylvia Guarino said...

That's encouraging. I am curious as to whether you had cancellations or just a drop in revenue from people who did not book at all?

Rick Scali said...

I actually had both, the month of May it was primarily a drop in new reservations and only three cancellations. This month, June, it will a great many more cancellations.